3/01/2010

swatch: opi absolutely alice

from opi's recent alice in wonderland collection, tied to the movie of the same name. i edited this photo to make the color of the polish more accurate, so please rest assured that my skin isn't actually red in real life.


i didn't expect to have the reaction to this polish that i did. normally i avoid all but the darkest blues and steer clear of glitter in a clear base, but i'm absolutely in love with absolutely alice! and i'm thrilled that it pairs blue and gold glitter - not only do i find the combination of blue and silver to be a bit played out, but gold also works much better on my skin tone than silver does. photos can't do justice to how incredibly sparkly this polish is; for example, when i wore this it was gray and snowing here and yet my nails were still twinkling.

while i chose to do four coats, this polish was all but completely opaque in three. for maximum glassy shine, i then topped aa with a thick coat of wet 'n' wild clear polish as well as a thick coat of seche vite.

bf says: "is that a lot of coats? it seems like a lot of coats."

3 comments:

  1. I love this on you...you always make me want polishes I already have even!! I've had this on my toes for about a week and still can't stop staring at my twinkling piggies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this is one of the prettiest NOTD-pics I have ever seen! Love it on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this polish. From the Alice collection I only ordered the glitters.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...