8/10/2011

Zoya Tiffany, OPI Silver Shatter, and Sephora by OPI Traffic Stopper Copper: Swatch Pictures and Review

The other day, I was in the mood for a blingy manicure, so I came up with this!

I began by applying 2 coats of Zoya Tiffany, a peach-copper foil that was released with Zoya's Fire & Ice Collection. Tiffany applied pretty well; the foil particles made it less smooth to apply than say, a creme, but overall the polish had a good texture.


Next, I applied 1 coat of OPI Silver Shatter. This was my first time using Silver Shatter (or any shimmery crackle polish, for that matter) and it took me a few nails to get the application right. In order to make sure that the polish cracked well and my base color showed through, I was doing pretty thin coats of Silver Shatter, but unfortunately they were too thin to crack properly. Once I started using slightly thicker coats, however, the polish "shattered" well.

I really liked that Silver Shatter was more of a foil than a straight shimmer, and I'm looking forward to using it over other polishes (I think it would make for a pretty look over dusty pastels, similar to those in the OPI Pirates of the Caribbean collection it was released with). The only downside to this polish is that it has a tendency to get goopy pretty quickly when it's exposed to air, so if you wipe off your brush on the bottle neck like many of us do, you'll probably need to wipe the bottle neck down with remover before you put the polish away.


Finally, I topped the whole manicure off with 2 coats of Sephora by OPI Traffic Stopper Copper, which I bought after seeing kittytokaren's beautiful manicure of TSC over a nude. Traffic Stopper Copper features both small copper glitter and larger, hexagonal copper glitter in a clear base. The glitter in TSC isn't too densely packed, which makes it perfect for layering, and I though it providing a great finishing touch to this shiny silver and copper mani!

10 comments:

  1. This layering combo is to die for! I love the rose-gold effect that it gives. Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful swatch, I like how it glitters!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GIRRRRRRRRRRL.

    That is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so nice! It's blingy for sure, but not garish at all - very sophisticated!

    Just wanted to say also that it's great to see you blogging again - I came across your blog earlier in the year whilst looking for inspiration - your manicures are immaculate :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your comments! I loved this manicure so much I kept it on for over a week, and surprisingly, despite all the layers it held up really well! It was sooooo eye-catching and reflective in person... my nails looked metallic like a robot's!

    And Anna, that's very sweet of you to say - thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow. how did i miss this post. very glamorous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG.....STUNNING! I've had Zoya Tiffany on my wishlist for yonks & this has made me want it even more! And I've seen these amazing looking Sephora by OPI polish's...major lemmings now! ;)

    Love Aysh xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now this is a good use of shatter and I love the TSC, those topcoats are worth the $OPI price tag because they wear like iron.

    Great job! I am going to copy this one today! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...